Antiochia ad Cragum (Greek: Αντιόχεια του Κράγου) also known as Antiochetta or Latin: Antiochia Parva (meaning "small Antiochia") is an ancient Hellenistic city on Cragus (or Cragos or Kragos) mountain overlooking the Mediterranean coast, in the region of Cilicia Trachea, in Anatolia (the site is now located at Güney, Antalya Province, Turkey).  Some scholars claim an identity of Antiochia ad Cragum with the city Sidyma, previously known as Kragos.
The city was founded by Antiochus IV Epiphanes in approximately 170 BC, about the same time as Iotape a few km northwestward along the coast. It minted coins from the mid-first century AD to the mid-second century AD; the last known of which were issued under Roman Emporer Valerian. In Byzantine times, it was the seat of a bishop. The city became part of the kingdom of Lesser Armenia in the twelfth century. In 1332, the Knights Hospitallers took the city, after which it was known variously as Antiochetta, Antiocheta, Antiocheta in Rufine (Papal bull of Pope John XXII), and Antiochia Parva.
The city remains a titular see of the Roman Catholic Church, Antiochia Parva; it has been vacant since the death of the last bishop in 1964. The Italian name of the see is "Antiochia Minore". 
Ruins of the city remain, and include fortifications, baths, chapels, and a Roman necropolis.
Blue Guide, Turkey, The Aegean and Mediterranean Coasts (ISBN 0393304892), pp. 516-17
Medieval Greece / Byzantine Empire
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/"
All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License