Musei di Strada Nuova
Crucifixion, Giovanni Benedetto Castiglione
Journey of the Family of Abraham , Giovanni Benedetto Castiglione
The Death of Cleopatra, Guercino
Daedalus and Icarus, Andrea Sacchi
To Visit the Imprisoned, Cornelis de Wael
To Visit the Sick, Cornelis de Wael
Fine Art Prints | Greeting Cards | iPhone Cases | Tote Bags | Clothing | Lifestyle | Beach ...
Musei di Strada Nuova, Palazzo Rosso
Palazzo Rosso is a historical palace of Genoa, northern Italy.
Situated in Via Garibaldi, it is one of the most important picture galleries of the city, along with the galleries of Palazzo Bianco and Palazzo Doria Tursi.
Palazzo Rosso was designed by the architect Pietro Antonio Corradi and was built between 1671 and 1677.
The Brignole Sale family owned the palace until 1874, when Maria Brignole Sale, duchess of Galliera, bequeathed it to the city of Genoa, in order to "increase its artistic splendor and practical resources". The palace then became municipal property and it was destined to become a public gallery.
The portraits donated by the duchess of Galliera constituted the first nucleus of the collection, which today consists of the works of artists like Van Dyck, Guido Reni, Paolo Veronese, Guercino, Gregorio De Ferrari, Albrecht Dürer, Bernardo Strozzi, Mattia Preti.
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/"
All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License